Monday, March 7, 2011

Almost Spring

Hooray for March! I was so done with February. Didn't I say the same thing about January? Oops. Maybe it's me. It seemed like February was just full of sickness for us. First some flu-like stuff and then the rounds of cough/colds.

It had its ups, too. A good amount of sunshine to save our sanity, for one thing...

Picking daisies

They rediscovered the joy of making daisy crowns/necklaces/bracelets and beg me for them all the time now. I used to make them before Nate was born but hadn't since then and it was like it was brand new to them! The joy of childhood memory loss. :)

They picked SO many. This is only about a 1/4 of them...
My boy
We also finally finished our alphabet hunt. I started back in October. I haven't made the book yet. I might just put the prints in a dollar store photo album I got and call it good. The kids really liked it although it was much harder than I thought it would be. I'll admit that we manipulated twigs a couple of times to get hard-to-find letters.

Can you see the letters?
We tried to have fun inside, too. I saw somewhere the idea to finger paint with vanilla pudding. The kids loved that, although they were a little upset to realize that their pictures wouldn't dry and had to be thrown away.

We tried to get some indoor exercise by dancing around to our favorite Pandora station (the "Part of Your World" station--it's basically a Disney/Broadway mix). The girls especially love to dance to "Bare Neccessities", "Step in Time" (from Mary Poppins), "I Could Have Danced All Night" (from My Fair Lady), and "It's the Hard-Knock Life" (from Annie).

They love to dance and they love each other
We are all better now. I'm still going strong on my running schedule. Haven't missed a day yet! I even somehow managed to get up last Saturday morning when I stayed up way too late the night before downloading new music for my ipod. Note to self: Sleep is much more important to maintaining the running schedule than new music is. (I'm always up for more suggestions for good motivating workout music if you have any! One I've discovered: "One Day More" from Les Miserables (London cast!!)--I think that song could get me through anything.)

Today was a good day. I got to have some quality time with Nate. We had fun playing and reading books together. For some reason today he started giving me these tight hugs around the neck every time I lifted him out of his car seat. And they would last a long time! Oh how I loved every second of it....

Those hugs could get me through anything, too. :)

1 comment:

Jordan and Luci said...

That pudding thing looks fun. Maybe I'll get ambitious and do something fun with my kids. I loved your alphabet hunt thing. Such a good idea! I want to do that too.