Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Here, There and Everywhere

I've been feeling a little nostalgic lately and thought I'd make some lists:

Things I miss about Sacramento:
-The people. Such good people. I miss our friends and neighbors. Some have moved away to other places, too--of course they are included in this. We love all of you!
-The paths that we could run/walk on. The river. Such a beautiful place to run and I never had to worry about streets or cars.
-The quiet. We live on a pretty busy street now so there is noise. I love where we are but I just miss the quiet sometimes.
-The kids have talked about how they miss our climbing tree. I miss it, too.
-WinCo. How do I love thee, WinCo? Let me count the ways... Boxes of Smart Start for $2.60, cheese for less than $3/lb, cheap bulk bin items, I could go on and on but I'll spare you that. I just get depressed grocery shopping here sometimes. Luckily, the produce is super cheap here. That has been nice.

Things I love about here:

-The weather. It really is nice.
-The people. We love our new ward (church congregation) and have met many nice neighbors who we're hoping to get to know even better.
-The schools. I really like Elizabeth's school and Natalie's preschool. They are great.
-Our backyard. It is wonderful. We love the fruit trees! They are starting to get ripe and we can't wait for more oranges/lemons/tangerines. Plus we just planted some vegetable seedlings in the garden space. We're hoping they actually live. We don't know anything about fall/winter gardening here. Who am I kidding--we don't really know anything about gardening in general.
-The good, cheap produce (see above)
-Everything is close. I can get to any store I'd want to go to in less than like 20 minutes and most are less than 10 minutes.
-Streets lined with yellow ginko trees. I thought it was so beautiful that I took a picture while driving. This doesn't even do it justice:

3 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Oh, this just makes me want to visit you guys even more! So glad you like your new ward- that's a deal breaker for me!

Marin said...

Such pretty TREES!! I just miss all the TREES!!! Glad you guys like your new area. It sounds wonderful!

Sandra said...

We miss you guys so much. Today in the sock store we saw some socks and Ty said we should pick them up for Joe. You can probably guess what "pattern" they had on them..Anyways, we love you and hope to visit soon. Your trees are beautiful!! P.S. Ward dinner is Dec 17th!