Thursday, January 5, 2012

Santa

We had our annual visit from Santa at my Mom and Dad's house again. Elizabeth had to give her very first oral presentation the last day of school about a family tradition and this was the one she picked. I think the presentation went well, from what I heard. She showed pictures of herself with Santa throughout the years starting off with the one shown here when I was pregnant with her.

Anyway, we had another fun night. Here are most of the grandkids, waiting for their turn:
Here's my mom and dad (and Santa) with 11 of their 16 grandchildren:
Elizabeth managed to get up for her turn pretty quickly, despite the fact that she learned the truth this year from another girl in her class. It was fun to see her still excited to sit on his lap.
She asked Santa for a scooter
Natalie asked Santa for a gumball machine
She usually asks for things she didn't get for her birthday--the gumball machine couldn't be avoided, I guess. :)

Nate wasn't too thrilled about Santa at first but he did get close with Joe holding him...
...sucking his thumb of course
But then when prodded to say what he wanted, he busts out with "I want candy!" and made everyone laugh:
Later on, he warmed right up and didn't mind chatting with Santa for a little while:
Daddy and boy
Poor Joe needs some new glasses that aren't crooked. It drives him crazy when he sees these pictures.

The family:
Not a single one with my eyes completely open. I am terrible.

No comments: