Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Home from the Hospital but in Quarantine

 We let the kids hold Eve when we got home from the hospital that Monday. They were SO excited to finally see her:

But then we decided that we probably shouldn't let them hold her anymore just in case some of them might be infected. We were still just waiting to hear on Joe's test results.
Me, tired but so happy to be home:
Poor Joe was so happy to see her in person but wanted so much to hold her and couldn't yet. We ended up having Elizabeth be my helper while I quarantined in our room with Eve. She was allowed to come in and bring me meals or help hold Eve if I needed. She would stay in her room other than that, while the other kids and Joe stayed downstairs. Natalie and Joe slept downstairs on the foldout couch and the sectional. It was rough on them but they were good sports about it.
This was mine and Elizabeth's texting string for awhile:
So many kind people from the ward and neighborhood brought us food and gifts. That helped so much during that time. Eve and I had lots of one-on-one time alone up in the room together. I really think being forced to stay up there helped my c-section recovery go pretty smoothly, although I didn't get much exercise. I tried to walk around a little bit.
I got way into doing the crossword puzzles from the Wall Street Journal that we started getting for some mental exercise. I read books and listened to podcasts. I slept a lot while Eve slept. I had fun taking pictures of her. We'd Facetime with family below or they'd come up for prayer and stay on the far half of the room. My phone usage went way up:
Yikes!
Life downstairs:
Those are stills from slow-mo videos. :)
Here are some pictures from those quiet few days:
Natalie made this as a gift for Eve:
Eli made this as a gift for me:
Photoshoot:
So tiny.
I loved these shots with the sun coming in one evening:
All wrapped up after a sponge bath:
Looking up at Lizzie:
Finally, the day before my birthday, Joe got his negative result! It took 12 days.

No comments: