Friday, February 10, 2023

April

April started with a fun trip to CA for Lizzie, Eli, Eve and I. We drove down to go to Kari's belated wedding reception (she had a covid wedding). Unfortunately, Natalie had districts for speech that weekend and Nate had his first two baseball games (plus Joe is the coach), so they couldn't come. So, the day before my birthday we headed out to CA and despite a blowout by Eve only an hour into the drive, we made it fine. My birthday ended up being a really fun day. We left the house early to give my parents a break so we headed to good old Laughlin Park. Blowing "wishies" there with the kids was an interesting full circle moment for me.

Then we went bowling at Pacific Ave Bowl! Another of my favorite places as a kid:
I even managed to break 100 and we thought it was funny that Lizzie lost to Eve (granted Eve was the only one who had bumpers :). 
After that we got lunch at Bob's at the Marina which I hadn't been to since high school. It was just as good as I remembered and the kids all loved it too. Eve especially loved when a family of geese walked by. 

Dad got Bud's takeout that night and then we had strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was a great day! 
The next day was Kari's reception. It was at their home in Acampo and it was so fun! Eve and Eli especially loved the dancing. Eve even made a little friend:
Eli fulfilled his dream of doing the worm on the floor. I loved being there for Kari and seeing so many people I love:
She found a great guy, too--I really like Fred. They also had fireworks at the end which, sadly, Eve hated and screamed through. So, we took off pretty quickly after that.
The next day was Sunday and I loved being there for another Conference Sunday in Stockton. I loved this story that Eli wrote:
Lisa brought a beautiful cake for the April birthdays and we had delicious omelets too of course. 
After that trip it was back to the usual. Eve loves jumping on the trampoline:
We loved that the weather started to warm up. 
The girls were busy with their Cinderella rehearsals. They got their dream roles! Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother. The theater posted this picture of them in rehearsal:
We love morning snuggles:
I just loved how Eve looked in this beanie. Look at those cheeks:
More morning snuggles with Lizzie:
One day in Costco I picked out Skinny pop popcorn and Eve grabbed it and hugged it:
She loves popcorn :)
She also loves sitting in this basket and watching Daniel Tiger:
Lizzie was asked to prom by Cody Dilworth. She looked so beautiful!
She had a fun time. She didn't love the music choices but liked it otherwise.
Eve loves floating in the bath:
One day, the sprinklers on the field behind our house kicked on and one big stream shot into our house. Eve and the boys loved it! It wasn't that warm out but she still loved getting all wet.
She an Idaho girl already.
The girls loved finishing up their rehearsals and they performed at the end of the month. 
This is a funny picture of a song they made up and sang during rehearsals, complete with parts:
Cinderella was so good! It was short and moved fast but I was just blown away watching the girls and their bravery and confidence up on stage. Here are the official pictures I stole from the internet:
Loved the Atkin family representing on the cast list:
Our family was really supportive and many came to see them. Matt even drove up from Utah to see them:
It was an amazing month!

No comments: