Friday, February 10, 2023

March

March was a great month. Eve and I started going to library story time together, which she loved, and we adopted another fun tradition on Thursdays--getting lunch together afterward. It started because I sometimes she'd get sleepy in the car on the way home and I didn't want her to miss lunch. Also, of course, because I love eating out. :) Here she is enjoying a quesadilla at Cafe Rio:


We went to a fun event at Eli's school that Eve loved:
I got to have a really fun quick getaway to Jaime's family's cabin one weekend. Her sister was there with some of her friends and Jaime asked if we wanted to join her. I was glad I went. We had some good talks, ate good food, played games and watched movies. I also went cross country skiing and snowshoeing for the first time! There was tons of snow up there:

For spring break, Joe and I got to take an amazing trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. We actually ended up staying in Los Barriles. Joe planned the trip and he booked the vrbo. It was a bit of a drive from Cabo but we ended up liking it much better. Here are some of the highlights from our trip:
Getting some delicious ceviche right after we landed:
Joe took a bad picture of me eating and sent it on our group chat with the girls:
So we made him take a bad picture eating too:
I woke up the next morning pretty early and had to get on the beach. I loved walking and watching the sun come up:
The landscape and vegetation was really interesting and unique. Lots of cacti and desert vegetation right up to the beach. 
We got to go snorkeling at Cabo Pulmo and saw huge schools of fish, sea turtles, sea lions, and other cool stuff:


 We did a lot of driving along the coast to different areas and I loved just laughing and talking with Joe. A roadrunner even ran in front of our car one day! We also ate some really delicious food. A local told us about a beautiful place called Balandra and we decided to check it out, even though it was a bit of a drive. We were so glad we did! I loved this view laying down on the beach:
It was a big shallow cove you could walk across:
We also went to Punta Pescadero that a local recommended and there were tons of shells there. It was a beautiful lookout on the way there:
This car in the picture ended up getting into a pickle:
They drove down closer to the water in order to turn around and head out but ended up getting stuck. The tide was coming up and we tried to help out. We put rocks under the wheels but weren't getting enough traction. Luckily, a man that is in the military and does this sort of thing for a living came to help and had the equipment to help out (plus a good truck to pull with). They were able to get her out thankfully.
It was an amazing trip and reminded me about how much I love hanging out with Joe having adventures together. 
Joe and the boys got to go to another BYU basketball game:
They don't look thrilled but they always have fun despite the long drives. Well, Eli doesn't love how loud they are but other than that he likes them.
I blown away by another beautiful sunset one night:
I love the Idaho sky.
We made pie for Pi Day:
Eve loves being read to:
We loved meeting Becca and Jimmy at Chick Fil-a after story time. The kids were being cute giving each other hugs good bye and Becca got these pictures:
I also have to highlight those cute pigtails I finally was able to put in:
It was a great month!

No comments: