Friday, October 5, 2007

First Tooth!

It's official...Natalie now has her first tooth popping up. I wasn't really expecting it although she has been a tad grumpy lately. Elizabeth didn't get her first until 2 weeks after her 1st birthday. I guess it had to happen eventually. Despite how I sound, I really am excited. I'm just hoping she won't learn to bite me with it :). Here are some pictures of Natalie doing her favorite pastime: clapping. She also loves waving hi and goodbye. She must just love using her hands. What will that mean for the future? Maybe she'll be an artist, a carpenter, or just use lots of hand motions when she talks. Probably none of these things but it's fun to wonder :).



I have to also post something funny Elizabeth said the other day (there's something new every day). She was asking me if she could watch a movie and I was saying no in a non-committal way to avoid a fight about it ("Oh..not now" or something like that) when she said, "No... say, I suppose you can" in her soft, persuasive voice. It's funny how kids repeat random phrases that you didn't really know you say. You definitely learn to watch yourself when you're a parent.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Yay for a first tooth! She's growing up so fast.

Melanie said...

Wow, she isn't wasting any time becoming a little girl! I remember this time last year quite well.... where has the time gone?!