Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Questionnaire

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real tree; I love the whole process of picking one out and bringing it home and the smell, of course.

3.When do you put up the tree? Usually the first Monday night of December for Family Home Evening but it varies.

4. When do you take the tree down? When we get tired of it.

5. Do you like eggnog? I have never actually tasted it but I don't really like the idea of eggnog. Maybe I'll taste it one of these days.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? There are a few: my red wagon, my first set of rollerblades, and a trampoline we got as a family.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Two: one we brought back from Africa and a Willow Tree one my mom gave me, I think the first Christmas after we got married.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Our parents.

9. Easiest person to buy for? The girls.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of any bad ones.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? We've done both but I prefer mailing real ones.

12 . Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life, by far. In fact it could be my favorite movie of all time.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I remember.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, apple pie, all of the goodies that go on Christmas plates, especially peanut blossoms.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.

17. Favorite Christmas song? What Child is This.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Both are nice. I'm sure we'll start staying home when our kids are older or it gets harder to travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's' reindeer? Yes.

20. Angel on the treetop or a star? Star. I want to find a better one in the future.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning; on rare occasions we would open something Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds at stores, definitely.

23. What I love most about Christmas? The music, thinking of others and the increased faith in my Savior.

24. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Taking Christmas plates around to people on Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Ashley,
I think about you quite a bit... especially around this time of year. Apparently, I want to grow and and be like you someday because I keep trying to do things the same time you have, just a year later :). That aside... your posts are so cute. I love this little questionnaire...your little family does well getting into the Christmas spirit! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!