Friday, December 14, 2007

Gingerbread Houses

I invited my CTR 5 class over yesterday for a little Christmas party. I was hoping for more of a turnout but we only had three there. They seemed to have a fun time, though, as we made gingerbread houses. Elizabeth woke up from her nap half way through and "helped" me make ours (she actually knocked ours down so much that we ended up with more of a shack than a house). All the kids enjoyed pigging out on candy and hot chocolate. They are really good kids and it was fun to have them over, if a little hectic and crazy.

Here they are making silly faces: Elizabeth, Colby, Alyssa and Ayndria.
Here's a closer shot of our house and Elizabeth enjoying a candy cane.


Here's a picture I took during our big snowstorm of Natalie. She was very intrigued watching the snow come down.
I also wanted to post another FEM (She's been giving me a lot lately). We were driving somewhere the other day and Elizabeth started singing "Away in a Manger". After she finished she said, "there was no crib for his bed, Momma, because the shepherds were laying on it." The ideas that she comes up sometimes are so hilarious and that one got me laughing pretty hard. I explained to her that the reason the baby Jesus didn't have a crib was because there weren't any around and not because shepherds were hogging it. :)

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

Those kids are lucky to have a teacher like you. You're a brave soul at the same time. Good for you!

Melanie said...

Marjorie is right, those kids are lucky! I think gingerbread houses are so much fun. Even though I always have been and am STILL absolutely terrible at them :). Merry Christmas!!
p.s. it was so good to see you the other day!!!

MidCityGal said...

I keep meaning to tell you how fun it is that you document all these cute things your daughters do. I always smile when I visit your blog. You will definitely appreciate recording the little things. I want to be good about noticing and recording the little things in my child (children, someday). DH and I couldn't stop laughing at the video of Natalie playing peekaboo. So cute!

Mary said...

What cute girls you have! Also I'm glad to find a fellow bloggerholic in the family. We can share this secret obsession...:)