Monday, November 17, 2008

A New Play-set

Some friends of ours gave us a play-set that they didn't want anymore. I spent a good portion of the morning trying to figure out how to put it together without even knowing what it was supposed to look like. But, I triumphed. Elizabeth kept saying (as all the pieces would crash down), "Maybe we should wait for Daddy to come help us". I showed her! :)

Here it is in all its glory

It was worth it, too, since they spent most of the day outside playing on it. It was another beautiful, warm day.

I like this picture
And this picture. Natalie was walking towards me and talking.

The kids pretending to sleep again.
This is why I am scared to have a boy. I'm pretty sure little boys don't spend frequent, extended periods of time pretending to sleep on blankets. I could be wrong...
Maybe I just have lazy kids. I'm really not complaining, though. :)

Here is a random picture of the girls coloring nicely together. At the time, I felt the need to capture the peaceful moment.
And, I wanted to post another funny thing Elizabeth said at dinner the other day. Out of nowhere she suddenly announced, "If you don't love yourself, you can't get married." I have no idea where she got that from but Joe and I both agreed that that was very true.

8 comments:

Jackie said...

My boy actually loves blankets and stuffed animals and spends a great deal of time pretending to sleep, etc. So, he'd have fun with your girls. My girl, on the other hand, never stops moving. Kids!

Lisa said...

That playset looks super fun. Isaac also does pretend to sleep, but more often he is pretending to play dead playing ninja's with his sisters....

The Good Life said...

Thanks for sharing your play set with us. We loved playing with Natalie, she is so fun!

CHELZERS said...

that looks pretty complicated so way to go!! :)

Mitzi said...

How funny would it be if Joe came home and said "Honey, it's upside down!" LOL Ok, maybe that would only be funny to me.

I put together our bassinet right before Sam was born and I was convinced Graham would never let him sleep in it. "Did you put it together right, is it going to fall apart, etc?" Sam is still alive.

Jessica said...

Boys do not pretent to sleep, at least mine does not.

Your Elizabeth is so funny:)

ktnelson said...

My boys don't pretend to sleep. They don't even stay still when they are actually sleeping. Enjoy it while you can!

Marin said...

That play set looks sooo FUN! Maybe Carden and I will have to come over and try it out!!! You guys are sooo cute!