Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Funny Sayings


I've been wanting to record some more cute things my kids have been saying lately.

Elizabeth:

Here is a conversation she had with Joe the other day.

Elizabeth:
Is there food in heaven?
Joe: What do you think?
Elizabeth: I think there is.
Joe: Why do you think that?
Elizabeth: Well...Heavenly Father gave us our food so there must be food in heaven.

I thought that was pretty good logic.

I had to wake her up last Sunday morning so we could get ready for church and the first thing she asked me as she was waking up was this:

Elizabeth: How come I'm dark and Natalie is light?
Me: (Laughing) Because Daddy is dark and Mommy is light. Who's the darkest?
Elizabeth: Daddy. And who's the lightest?
Me: (Sighing) Mommy is.
Elizabeth: So me and Daddy are dark and you and Natalie are light!

Someday she'll realize what a great thing it is to be "dark". :)

Natalie:

She has been having problems with diaper rashes lately so we've been putting cream on her, or as she calls it, "scream". She loves the stuff and always says, "Scream make it feel all better!" Now we've all started calling it "scream", of course.

Natalie now knows how to open her door so when she wakes up from nap time she can get out herself. Today was one of those rare occasions when Elizabeth took a nap, too, so when I heard a doorknob turning upstairs I wasn't sure who it would be. Natalie appeared at the top of the stairs and said, "Ta-da! It's me!"

What an entrance!

Here's some pictures from the other night.

Being silly
Ballet dancing to "The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"


Here's one from the other day of Lizzie and Natalie on their horsie
And, here is a sampling of a bunch of sugar cookies we made today. My mom gave me a bunch of little tubes of decorating icing that she didn't think she'd use and I was having a fun time with them today. I can't even remember the last time I've really decorated cookies. It reminded me of my childhood...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the pictures! Your girls always make me smile:)