Friday, May 14, 2010

Celebrating 90 Years

The reason that we were traveling on Mother's Day is that we drove to Idaho for Joe's Grandpa's 90th birthday party. It was a quick trip--drove there Friday, came back Sunday--but it was so fun to see everyone. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so we got zero pictures. I'm still hoping those of you who took some will send them to me (that's friendly reminder #1). :)

I did get some from some from my cousins-in-law who were at (I'm sorry--planned) the party...

I thought this one was really sweet.
I think this was taken while we were all singing Happy Birthday to Grandpa Hall:
Natalie is with her cousins James, Joelle and Sam and a second cousin in the back (I don't know his name).

It was a pretty neat moment. I can't imagine living 90 years and seeing so many people come as the result of your own little family. How amazing would that be?

Here are some taken by another talented cousin. Her photography blog is here. I love these pictures! Thanks so much, Jessica.

Joe and his cousin Jake (and babies close to the same age)
We also struck picture gold in some old photos that Marsha let us have. I haven't seen very many old pictures of Joe so I love it when I come across some.

What a cute baby
Now compare those to this one:
Definite similarities, right? Especially the mouth.

Future football star, playing in his grandparents' backyard with brothers and a cousin:
A bunch of the grandkids together with Joe in front:
You can spot he and his 4 brothers because they're the ones in suit coats. I actually really love that they all had to wear coats. I think it's so cute. Especially on cute little Richard. :)

Anyway, it was a fun weekend. Thanks everyone!

7 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

No WAYYYYY! Do you mean Jessica Carney? I knew it because I saw Jessica's pictures on her blog and I was like, I wonder if this is the same 90th Birthday party the Atkins went to. That is so crazy! I love her and we danced together at BYU. It's her, right? Because not then nevermind (blush).

Ashley A. said...

Yeah, Tiffany. Her husband and Joe are cousins. It's a small Mormon world... :)

Michelle said...

I LOVE the old pictures! Such good times. Was that last one at Darla's funeral? :(

Angela said...

Wow! Can't believe how much Joe and Nathaniel look like each other!

Jordan and Luci said...

I'm loving those pictures of joe as a kid. You can definitely see the similarities between Nathaniel and Joe. Has Joe left yet? Are you surviving by yourself?

Unknown said...

These pictures ARE gold. All of them. What a beautiful family, and what a beautiful thing to celebrate.

St. John, Jacque, Camilla said...

Ashley did you just have a baby??? because you look amazingly great! You haven't changed a bit since your Wymount days. Hope all is well with the family.