Monday, May 31, 2010

A Sandy Memorial Day

What a great Memorial Day. We had another fun beach day with friends. Thanks for letting us tag along, guys, and for letting us mooch off your food!

I was a little apprehensive about attempting this by myself but it actually went really well. Nate was a little fussy on the way there but then slept for about half of the trip down. I was hoping I would be able to get him to nap in the little tent I brought but it didn't happen. So, he was awake the entire 5-6 hours we were there! It worked out so much better than I planned, though, since he slept the entire way home. What a blessing.

He was mostly a happy little guy, so proud of himself in his very own swim gear:

We even made it through the whole day without him eating a handful of sand so I count that as a success.

The girls had a blast. Elizabeth was saying she didn't want to go because she gets "carsick". I've never seen her carsick a day in her life. She elaborated to say that her arms and legs hurt in the car, which I suppose I can understand. Still, I think it was all a ploy to get to stay home and play with her across-the-street friend Jaden, who she is obsessed with lately (that deserves its own post).

Anyway, after claiming she didn't want to go, she was the first one up! She was even dressed and ready when she came in to wake me up! I thought it was pretty cute.

Here she is frolicking in the waves:

This is her doing a little jig for me:

Natalie played in the water a little bit, too. In fact, it wouldn't be a beach trip without both of the girls getting knocked over by waves at least once.

Mostly, she played with her best friend Cedar:
Aren't they the cutest little pair? They really do look like twins, especially with his long hair. It's so funny because they ignore each other sometimes but when they decide to play, they have so much fun and never fight. They sat like this in the chair for quite awhile, laughing and sharing a bag of pretzels. She has decided she is going to marry Cedar. :)

Of course, we missed our Daddy.

I took Natalie to go to the bathroom at one point in one of those nasty public beach bathrooms. While she was going we had this conversation:

Natalie: This bathroom is yucky.
Ashley: Yes it is.
N: You know who taught me that?
A: (laughing) No..who?
N: Daddy. I miss Daddy.
A: Me too.
N: I wish he came to the beach with us.

So, there you go, Joe. That is proof that they do indeed miss you.

1 comment:

Tiffany Kadani said...

So cute! I wish we could have gone. I love that picture of Natalie and Cedar. So sweet!