Friday, September 14, 2007

Sisters and Friends


(This is an older picture but I still like it and Joe has our current pictures on the laptop at school with him)
I thought I would tell a couple of cute/funny things my girls have been doing/saying lately. I'm sure you've had enough of me after the list so this will be a welcome change. This is a busy semester for Joe and he has been gone a lot lately and of course this is hard on our Daddy's girl, Elizabeth. She keeps periodically getting a sad look on her face and then saying "I'm sad that my Daddy left me". One day she said this to a nurse while we were at the Health Center. I made it clear that he was just at school so she wouldn't think he walked out on us. It's so funny how she words things sometimes. She also likes to twirl around with her blanket over her head and say "I'm in love!". I think this is from her current favorite movie, Robin Hood. Also, we finally got Elizabeth to watch "Ice Age" (which is one of our favorites). She used to think the cover was scary but she finally agreed and loved it, of course. One day, soon after, we were driving somewhere and Elizabeth starts playing peek-a-boo with Natalie saying "Where's the baby?...There she is!". I couldn't help but laugh since that is one of my favorite parts of "Ice Age".
As for Natalie, we like to call her "happiness" and our "ball of sunshine". She is such a smiley and happy baby. Not all of the time, of course, and when she's mad she lets you know with this really loud, angry yell. Most of the time, though, she just smiles and grins and army crawls all over the floor finding specks of lint and dirt in the carpet to eat. She has recently started waving and Elizabeth thinks this is the funniest thing she's ever seen. Natalie also loves to scrunch up her face and sniff loudly. We all laugh at this and she loves the reaction she gets. We feel so blessed to have our girls and that they are both healthy and happy.

4 comments:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

You're daughters are adorable. Elizabeth seems to be at a really fun stage!

Melanie said...

there is nothing in the world like a sister you can call a friend. I think it is so great they have started a good trend so young. I am sure your example has MUCH to do with how well they treat each other :)

Mitzi said...

Umm, this is a random question, but why is Kraftfoods.com one of your favorite links?

Ashley A. said...

I go there for the recipes. They have the best recipes in my opinion. They're very easy with not too many ingredients and tasty too. Of course they all say to use Kraft-brand products but you can use whatever brands you want.