Sunday, March 9, 2008

Music classes, Chinese Jumprope, food antics and other random pictures

I signed the girls up for music and movement classes through the community and we had our final classes last week. Joe was able to come so we could get some pictures.

Natalie loved the classes.

Here is the teacher doing some rhythym games on Natalie's foot.

Here is Elizabeth at the beginning of the older class telling her teacher that there are "two Elizabeths in this class!" (the other one is the girl picking her nose :) Elizabeth did like the classes but didn't always participate like I was hoping.

Here is a picture of Daddy & his girls. Natalie was smiling a second before this was taken, I promise. :)

Me and Elizabeth (another shot of my new hair)

The other day I decided that I would teach Elizabeth how to play Chinese Jump-rope, a favorite pastime of mine as a kid. So, we made a rope out of rubber bands and then I searched the internet hoping for a refresher course on all of the moves. I found some of them but not all. Does anyone remember all of them?

Elizabeth loved just jumping over the ropes and even did the out-in move.
Natalie wasn't too interested and instead loved to look at this wedding picture of Joe and I and say "Da!" (No mention of Mommy)

This is me doing the scissor move. Look at that air! :)The other day, Natalie absolutely refused to eat the food on her tray for dinner. After she was throwing her food, we took the tray off and put it on the table. She managed to reach her food and suddenly found it irresistible. So, we scooted her closer and she ate her entire dinner this way! Crazy kid...

Another night, we were eating lasagna and Elizabeth all of the sudden held up a piece of noodle and said "Look, Mom, a 4!" and it was indeed a four. She loves finding numbers and letters on things and in her food and it always makes me smile.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the chinese jumprope pictures....I totally remember playing that!

Ps. Your hair is so cute!

MidCityGal said...

That movement and music class sounds so fun. I totally want to find something like that here in our community. Thanks for the idea. Your hair is really cute by the way. I'm itching to cut mine too.