Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Trip to California

Last Monday we drove to CA for a visit. A law school there paid for our gas so Joe could visit the campus and we made a family trip out of it. We drove through the night to get there. It was nice because the kids fell asleep within 20 minutes but it also meant we had to spend the next day recovering. On the way back we drove half during the day and half during the night which I think is ideal for our situation. These are pictures from our drive.

Joe singing
Right after I took this next picture, a group of deer crossed the road right in front of us. It was actually kind of a blessing I took it right then because after the flash Joe was more focused on the road and was able to stop in time. I sat there and watched all of the deer cross and didn't even think to take a picture until we'd driven on. (Sigh) Oh well...
We had a great time in CA. The girls loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa and their dog Sam. I got to visit friends. Joe and I got to go to see the Kings beat Memphis in overtime and to visit the Sacramento temple. Joe enjoyed his law day but we're still waiting to hear back from more schools before we make a decision. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a great week! We love you.

I love this picture with Grandpa. Elizabeth got really attached to this crown that she found there and even got to take it home with her.

Another highlight of our week was going to our nephew Josh's first birthday party. Everyone except one of my brothers and his family was there (we missed you guys!). These next pictures were taken by my Dad. You gotta love Elizabeth's sulky face. She never cooperates for group pictures.
The girls and cute Josh.
Elizabeth has been talking for awhile about wanting to climb a tree and she finally found a small enough one. She was loving it.

The day after we got back I went upstairs to find the girls playing together in our empty suitcase eager to go on another trip.

8 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

You girls are so beautiful. Looks like a fun trip! I can't you guys might be leaving soon!

Mitzi said...

Aww, they are both getting so big! I love the picture of you and all your sisters and mom. I love those types of pictures. (BTW, Weezer's "Island in the Sun" was the first song to come up on your blog and I LOVE Weezer! YES!)

Tell Joe that I'll see about letting him read Graham's novel. It depends on whether or not he finishes it!

Stephanie said...

You have a cute family, Ashley. I can't believe you had already emptied your suitcase by the day after you got back! I usually still live out of it for a few days...haha! Elizabeth's hair is getting so long. That would be fun to go to school around your mom. We could meet up in San Fran sometime!

Lisa said...

It was fun to see you guys! Lovely that you posted the picture of all of us......YIKES!

shani-o said...

What great pictures! Now I wanna get back to Stockton!

Amber said...

The girls are getting big!

I wonder which brother that was? Oh, wait.... I know... I bet he's digging out of the snow... (like the rest of Wisconsin)!

I love that ya'll drove down to Cali; that's definitely one thing I miss about being in the west---being so close to family. I can't wait to see where ya'll end up.

Jaime said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Oh and we have Elizabeth's pillow. sorry.

Leslie said...

I love that your girls are playing in the empty suitcase. That's so cute! Elizabeth looks so grown up!