Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Catch up

We discovered that it would cost more money to fix our ailing computer than to buy a new one so I am now working from our new computer. We went the cheap route so it's nothing great. Hopefully it will last us at least through law school.

I have a bunch of pictures from the last few weeks to post so this will be another catch-up post.

We went to the zoo with my sister-in-law a week ago and the girls loved seeing the animals. I thought the coolest part was this tiger that was right in front of the window looking out at a squirrel (we think).

The kids checking out the tigerElizabeth and her cousin Emily
Cute Natalie trying to poke her head through

One day we decided to try to make marshmallow houses.

Natalie loves marshmallows!

My house. Not too shabby! ;)
Elizabeth yelling, "Hey! I'm not finished!!"
"OK, now I'm done."
We hit a milestone recently. Natalie slept in a big bed. She started crawling out of her crib and since both beds are in the room anyway we decided to move her to the bed. She still naps in her crib and sleeps there sometimes at night when she won't stay in bed (like tonight). She looked so tiny in the big bed. (We have yet to buy bedding for the bed, hence the mismatched blankets and pillowcase)
The girls snuggling with Daddy one morning before school
Now it's Mommy's turn
One of their favorite things to do lately is to make "funny faces", expertly demonstrated below.

The girls got to go to a princess themed birthday party last week. Sadly, they don't own any princess dress-ups so we went in search of some. After not finding any for cheaper than $20 each we went with dollar store fairy skirts and improvised. While Natalie napped, I thought it would be fun to curl Elizabeth's hair. She basically screamed and cried the entire time saying, "I don't want curly hair!" But, I persevered and I think it ended up looking pretty cute. Maybe in 5 years she'll let me do it again. :)


I love this picture. My little princesses.


8 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the princess dresses. I don't know why they don't have princess themed bridal showers or Relief Society parties.

Jaime said...

Such cute pictures. They are looking so big. I've been thinking about getting a twin bed for Joelle and moving Randon sometime before the baby comes. It will be so wierd. I'm glad she likes it. We miss you guys. I'll have to give you a call soon.

CHELZERS said...

so cute!! have a great rest of the week!

Cindy said...

What little cuties you have!! Natalie is looking so old these days, expecially in the last picture!

The Good Life said...

I love your girls! They are so sweet and Adorable! We need to get together for a play date one of these days! Paige loves playing with bigger kids so she would have a blast. Very nice job improvising by the way.

Lisa said...

Your princesses are adorable! We have TONS of dress up stuff....but it is in storage or you could've had your pick!

Leslie said...

Oh, they're so cute. I cannot wait to play dress-up and princesses with my daughter. So fun!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you're back, Ashley! I missed you! I love Elizabeth's hair curled. It looks so cute!