Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fun Game

I was looking for something the other day and I came across these little stacks of paper that I had saved. Back in April (I think) we played a really fun game at Joe's dad's house with some of his family. The credit goes to Jordan and Luci for teaching us this game. It's fun to play with bigger groups of people.

This is how it works: Cut up a stack of white paper into quarters so that every person playing has a stack with the same number of papers as people that are playing (or the square of the number of people). For example, if there are 9 people playing you need 81 little papers, 9 stacks of 9, one stack for each person. Have everyone number their papers 1 to 9 (or whatever). Everyone starts by writing a common phrase or a lyric from a song on page 1. Then they pass their stack face down to the person next to them. That person looks at what is written, puts that page at the back of the stack and tries to draw what was written on page 2. Then they pass it to the next person who looks only at what is drawn and tries to write a phrase for what they see. This alternates on until it gets back to the person who started it. Then, everyone can look at the results. So, it's basically a cross between charades and telephone.

Anyway, I wanted to post my two favorite progressions. These probably won't be funny to anyone but those who were there. You'll have to enlarge the pictures. Pay attention to the numbers to see the order.



7 comments:

Mary said...

Ok, those are really funny. I just laughed out loud, and I'm at the library on the quite as a mouse floor! I'm for sure going to introduce that game to this hick town. :)

Lisa said...

I don't think I will ever be able to eat M&M's again.....

That is funny!

Ashli Miller said...

We loved it! We are so going to play that game as soon as we make some friends here.

Brooks and Andrea said...

That looks like tons of fun. I am going to have to try it with family.

Jordan and Luci said...

OH I love it! That barf one is pretty funny and I wasn't even there! That's a great game!

The Olsens said...

We are laughing so hard that Scott cried!! that is the greatest game!!! We are going to go play neighbors right now!

The Olsens said...

We are laughing so hard that Scott cried!! that is the greatest game!!! We are going to go play neighbors right now!