Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm bored, so here comes another tag thing...

I stole this from Jackie.
  • What time did you get up this morning? Around 6:00, although our alarm was set for 5. Oops.
  • Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds.
  • What was the last film that you saw at the cinema? Hmm.. it's been awhile. I think "Prince Caspian"?
  • What is your favorite TV show? Jeopardy or The Office.
  • What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal, pretty much every day.
  • What food do you dislike? Asparagus.
  • What is your favorite CD at the moment? I don't know. We alternate between a CD I burned in high school for girls camp with a bunch of Disney songs on it and the Temptations Greatest Hits. These are my kids' current favorites and I at least can tolerate them being played over and over and over. I have decided to sacrifice my own wants for relative peace and quiet in the car. :)
  • What kind of car do you drive? Toyota Highlander
  • Favorite sandwich? I'm craving French dip right now.
  • What characteristic do you despise in others? Probably some fault of my own like being judgmental or something.
  • Favorite item of clothing? These black, high-heeled (it's like a 2-in. heel but that's big for me) shoes that I got last winter. They make me feel feminine.
  • If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? I would love to go back to Africa to this beach we went to on Zanzibar that seemed to me like the quietest, most peaceful and beautiful place in the world. Or I guess any secluded beach. I must be craving quiet right now.
  • Where would you retire to? Some place on a private beach but close to family.
  • What was your most recent memorable birthday? My last birthday was fun since we got to use a free night stay at the Anniversary Inn in SLC.
  • Favorite sport to watch? Tennis or basketball.
  • Are you a morning person or a night? Night. Unfortunately, Joe is not a night person. I usually just go to bed when he does.
  • What is your shoe size? 8 1/2.
  • Pets? None.
  • Any new exciting news you'd like to share with us? Nope.
  • What did you want to be when you were little? "A mother and a mathematician"--direct quote from a book I filled out when I was 8. I used to think my dream job would be to sit in a room by myself and do math problems all day. Luckily my people skills have improved and I like social interaction a lot more now. :)
  • How old are you today? 24.
  • What is your favorite flower? I love fire and ice roses and Easter lilies.
  • What is a day on your calendar that you are looking forward to? Dec. 26th--we leave for Hawaii!!
  • What are you listening to right now? The peace and quiet of naptime. Ahh...
  • What was the last thing you ate? Leftover beef and broccoli with rice. It didn't turn out so great, so I didn't like it all that much the first time around :/. And, a cookie to reward myself for eating the leftovers.
  • Do you wish on stars? I used to all the time when I was a kid. I love to teach Elizabeth to wish on things. The other day she decided to wish on a little feather she found from my pillow so she took it outside and wished for "Daddy to come home and for a doggie" and then watched it float away. It was so cute.
  • If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Right now, maybe sky blue.
  • How is your weather right now? Sunny but not too hot. Perfect for being outside.
  • Last person you spoke to on the phone? An appointment reminder. Boring...
  • Favorite soft drink? Dr. Pepper but I only have it once every few months.
  • Last place you ate out? Olive Garden. I love that bread...
  • Hair color? Blond
  • What was your favorite toy as a child? Hard to narrow down...my roller blades, a doll I had named "Ellie", or Quints. Does any one remember these?
  • Summer or winter? Summer, definitely.
  • Hugs or kisses? Kisses.
  • Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate.
  • Coffee or tea? Neither.
  • When was the last time you cried? I bawled like a baby while giving a talk at my niece's baptism on Saturday. I had to go right after watching this slideshow of pictures of her through the years. It was rough.
  • What is under your bed? Sadly, a bag of dirty golf balls Joe found recently. Every time I think about moving them I don't because I have no idea where to put them.
  • What did you do last night? Put the kids to bed and began watching a movie I got from the library: the 1930's version of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (I read the book not long ago and wanted to see a film version). Joe fell asleep about 20 minutes in and I was getting mad about how unlike the book it is so I gave up and we went to bed.
  • What are you afraid of? Clowns, bugs that jump (like crickets or jumping spiders), and wishing away my time with my kids while they're young.
  • Salty or sweet? Sweet.
  • How many keys on your key ring? 4
  • How many years at your current job? Since it is motherhood, going on 4.
  • Favorite day of the week? Friday or Sunday.
  • How many towns have you lived in? 6, I think.
  • Do you make friends easily? Much more easily than I used to. I still try too hard, though, and always have to remind myself to just relax.
  • Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yes!
  • What is the last book you read? I'm reading "Les Miserables". I'm stuck on the Battle of Waterloo and it has slowed my reading somewhat.

No comments: