Monday, September 22, 2008

Likes and Dislikes

I love these faces



Since my likes and dislikes have been covered extensively on this blog, I thought I would post about my kids' current favorites.

Elizabeth loves...
  • The Berenstain Bears - We have read almost every one of these books in existence.
  • Treats - in all their varieties: cookies, cake, ice cream, popsicles.
  • Starfall.com - She could play for hours if I let her.
  • Matilda - We just finished reading the book and watched the movie together for Family night. She loved both.
  • Drawing smiley faces and letters
  • Swinging in baby swings
  • Getting mail
  • Playing with her friends
  • Making new friends
  • Helping Mommy make cookies
  • Picking flowers
Elizabeth doesn't love...
  • Not being allowed to finish her sentence
  • Skinning her knees
  • Beans
  • Being cooped up inside
  • Brushing her teeth
The other day Elizabeth climbed on this laundry basket with our sheets in it and said, "I need to hatch my eggs."

She was helping me "fold" laundry the other day when I looked over to find a pile of perfectly folded shirts. I was amazed! It was the first time she was actually very helpful in this chore. She does a great job folding her panties, too.

Natalie loves...
  • Coming home to her blankie
  • Singing songs - Current favorites are "You Are My Sunshine" (Sun-sline) and "I Am a Child of God" (Imma God--we're trying to correct that one :).
  • Fruit snacks
  • Playing with friends - She gets so excited when I tell her someone is coming over later.
  • Having Lizzie draw letters for her
  • Looking at pictures of her extended family and pointing everyone out
  • Bubbles
  • Watching movies
  • To climb into her car seat herself
  • To sit by herself, not in someone's lap
  • Wearing clothes that have hearts on them
  • Lella! (Cinderella)
Natalie doesn't love...
  • Being too little to do something
  • When Daddy leaves
  • Broccoli tops
  • Having her hair done
  • Being in a hot car
Natalie woke up early from a nap the other day and I decided to go in and lay by her to see if she would sleep more (Sidenote: This is one benefit to having twin beds as opposed to toddler beds: I love laying by them as we put them to sleep). It wasn't working too well. I caught sight of her chubby little arm and couldn't resist covering it with kisses. Natalie pulled her arm away and we had this conversation:

Natalie: No kissa me!
Me: (Sad look) Why?
Natalie: Because... is my arm.

This is so typical Natalie right now. If we ask her for kisses and hugs, most of the time she says, "No!" The rare times when she is feeling cuddly are so precious, though.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this post! The girls are super adorable and growning up very fast.

Jordan and Luci said...

They are too cute. I can't believe how fast they are growing...they seem like they should both be smaller...I don't like it! They're so dang adorable though!

Lisa said...

What cuties! I love the egg laying picture! That girl is funny.

Stephanie said...

Cute post. I love the meanest mom blog, too!

The Olsens said...

Laying eggs?!?! Oh good, we are going to be great friends!