Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sweet Moment

It was lunchtime yesterday and I was scrambling around getting it ready for the girls while they were both whining/yelling at me for things that they wanted such as "milk", "no, water", "no, milk", "forks", "the purple cup", "No! Not the blue cup!", you get the picture. I was frustrated and not being very patient. I finally got it all together and sat down with them while they began to eat their food and was enjoying the quiet of the moment.

Elizabeth all of the sudden said, "Thank you for taking care of us, Mom. We would be sad if you went to school with Daddy every day."

I said thank you to her with tears in my eyes and said a silent prayer of thanks for these sweet girls who teach me so much.

10 comments:

Katy said...

Maybe Elizabeth should eat at my house more often... I need some of that!
:)

Marin said...

That is sooo tender! Wow. What a sweet girl, bet she gets it all from her Mommy! :)

CHELZERS said...

that is so sweet. they have a way of making all the bad things go away, don't they?

The Good Life said...

Wow I can't wait for Paige to talk just for those words!

Lisa said...

Moments like that make the hard mommy moments all worth it....I love that.

Jackie said...

That was an excellent description of lunchtime chaos. Demands, demands, demands. Amazing that Elizabeth actually said just what you needed to hear.

Jessica said...

I really needed to hear a sweet story like this: my day is brighter now. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

What a little cutie! We miss that little Elizabeth and everything she has to say!

Jaime said...

That was very cute. And I am showing, at least I feel like it. Mostly when I'm naked. But I try to wear bagier shirts.

Angela said...

Wow! Don't those moments however few and far in between make it all worth it?!