Friday, November 16, 2007

Christmas is Coming

I am officially getting into the Christmas spirit (hence the Christmas songs in our playlist). This is probably because I've been working on making our stockings. Yes, I'm finally doing it. My mom made our stockings when I was growing up. They were pretty simple and made out of felt and I loved them. Since it's what I grew up on, in my mind they are just what stockings should be. So, I am creating some homemade felt stockings for our family. You probably never thought you'd hear my name and the word "homemade" in the same sentence :). I will post pictures when they're finished (as long as they turn out somewhat cute). Wish me luck! Also, there were people wondering about how to post a comment without a Google account and I've finally changed the settings so this should be possible.

I'll add a quick funny Elizabeth story, too. Yesterday, we all went to DI while running errands and as we were entering the store Joe was talking about how great DI is and how when we were in Stockton over the summer the thrift stores there weren't very good (he had been looking for clothes for his African trip). He said "they were terrible". Elizabeth heard this and proceeded to yell out "these clothes are terrible!" in the middle of DI. We both shushed her and then looked at each other and burst out laughing. Never a dull moment with a 2 year old! As a side note, I found some cute shiny-black mary janes for Elizabeth in great condition for $2!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Making stockings? Okay you are way too crafty..... Good luck, I am sure they will turn out cute!

Marjorie said...

I love Elizabeth stories! I'm looking forward to the stocking pictures. Sounds fun, maybe someday I'll attempt something like it...

Cindy said...

Lols on Elizabeth's comment! Seriously it made me laugh out loud. She is hilarious! Wow, homemade stockings...I wish I were as brave and dedicated as you :)