Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Fun

We had a great holiday weekend up in Twin Falls, ID, at Joe's mom's house. We were there with Joe's brother Tom and his family, his younger brother Richard and our friend Simon from Tanzania who is in Utah going to school. We ate great food, played games and got to watch two great BYU wins (football vs. Utah and basketball vs. Louisville). Joe even got to play in a turkey bowl on his old high school football field. Warning: This post will be picture-heavy.

Hallie & Elizabeth playing with Polly Pockets and Natalie & Christine playing with cups
























We also celebrated Richard's birthday over the weekend. Here is his cake, a team effort from Joe and his mom (mostly his mom).





Richard reading to T.J. & Elizabeth

Cute Matt and his bright blue eyes

Christine & Simon (who is taking a break from playing with the kids)

Grandma Marsha & the kids

Thank you, Grandma, for a wonderful Thanksgiving!

When we finally made it home, we realized that we had forgotten to turn our heat on before we left and the house was freezing! This is me and the girls snuggling under blankets to keep warm. Elizabeth's hair is wet because she had a major blow-out at the end of the car trip and needed a bath. I thought we'd outgrown those with her but I guess not (blow-outs, not baths :).
It was great to spend time with family and friends and take time to remember all that I am grateful for. I am truly blessed in so many ways. I'm so grateful for a kind, loving husband and for two sweet daughters who bring me so much joy. I'm grateful for our extended family who love and support us and set such good examples. I'm grateful for all the physical blessings I've been given and I hope that I can always remember that they come from my Heavenly Father and to be generous with those who are in need. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the hope it gives me each day of my life. Life is good and I'm so thankful for that. :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Ashley and Joe. I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog on Marjorie and Chris's blog and have been checking out your family! You've got a cute one there. I really enjoy your posts, keep it up.

Jackie said...

Sounds a lot like our Thanksgiving. We watched the BYU games too--GO COUGARS! Nate also played in the Turkey Bowl here and broke one of his front teeth in half, claiming that he "got in a fight with the bishop." That's gonna need to get fixed soon. Somebody always gets hurt in our Turkey Bowl, even when it's FLAG football. Testosterone! Wish Joe luck on Saturday for us! ;)