Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back in the swing of things...

I wanted to post some things that have happened, completely unrelated to the holidays. As sad as it is that they're over, it's nice to be back to normal in a lot of ways.

First of all, we've been enjoying massive amounts of snow here lately and during one break in the storms I got to take the girls outside to play in it. It was Natalie's first real experience with snow and she loved it! You wouldn't think so from the picture but she really did. I'm sure she'll like it more when she learns how to walk. She even made her first snow angel with some help from Mommy.

Elizabeth's new favorite snow activity is having snowball fights (depicted in the picture below). A close second would be having me count to three and then push her over onto the snow so she can make a snow angel.

They also enjoyed snuggling up under a blanket on the couch afterwards


Elizabeth found my old karate belt the other day and tried to wrap it around herself. Of course we had to make her pose. Here she is saying "Hi-ya!"

Joe's going to hate this next picture because she looks too grown-up. Elizabeth got some dress-up shoes from her cousin Joelle and tried them on today. Unfortunately, she fell down right after this picture was taken. I guess she has her mom's coordination. :)

There have been some new milestones that I wanted to record as well. Elizabeth is completely potty-trained and has been doing great! She even stays dry during her naps and sometimes at night. After a rough start, potty-training actually went pretty smoothly. What a blessing!

Natalie is walking along everything she can hold on to and even stands by herself for very brief periods of time. She also has started to say all sorts of cute new words. She now says "ucky" (yucky), "dog-ga" (dog), "wow", and the old standard that can never be said too much, "uh-oh". It's so fun to see how fast she is learning but it is also sad because my little baby is turning into a toddler!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Rachelle Straubhhar. It was Williams and I was friends with Joe back in High School and I just wanted to say hi. One of my cousins was in a class with Joe at BYU and told me so i wanted to see how your family was. You have some beautiful girls. I don't have a blog but but I have two wonderful boys and after lokking at your blog, which is the first one I have ever looked at, I would really like to do one to show my handsom boys off.

Lisa said...

Your girls are growing up so fast!!!

Teagan said...

Hey guys!!
Look at all of that snow... CRAZY! Your girls are just adorable!! Hope you guys are doing well... love ya-

Michelle said...

We had snow, but nothing like that! How fun!

Stephanie said...

That's GREAT that Elizabeth is potty trained. I tried Scotty on Monday and he peed and pooped his pants three times in about two hours. I was like, okay, we'll try in a month.

Jessica said...

Wow, way to go getting elizabeth potty trained, I am so nervous about that stage! Itsn't it crazy all the snow we have been having, we went up hobble creek canyon and saw elks up there you guys should check it out.

Melanie said...

Your girls are so precious. And congrats on the potty training!!