Monday, April 13, 2009

A Sick Easter

We had a nice Easter, even if it didn't quite go as expected. The girls both ended up too sick to go to church on Sunday so I stayed home with them. Nothing too bad--just coughs and colds. We tried to still enjoy some of the spirit of Easter with different activities. We had our very first sunrise Easter lesson out on our back patio which we hope to make an annual tradition. I didn't even have to wake the girls up since they were up way too early for some reason. It went pretty well, despite some complaints from Natalie about having to wait a few minutes for her beloved "frosted wini-meats". It was nice to have a chance to reflect upon the real reason for Easter: the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

We did manage to have a little Easter egg hunt in the backyard after Joe got home from church. Here are some pictures:
The thrill of the hunt
I love Natalie's expression in this one:


In the evening, I found them pretending to sleep again, looking like this:
I love the basket as a hat and that they're snuggling with their chocolate bunnies.

Here's our eggs that we made on Saturday. No one but me wanted to make one with designs. Obviously, they regretted that when they saw my masterpiece. :)

We were busy all morning on Saturday having our garage sale. It actually went really well, thanks to all the people who donated things. We've made $325 and counting (we still have some things up on craig's list that are getting interest). It was stressful but actually pretty fun. It reminded me of the garage sales I used to attempt as a kid.

We've still been sticking around the house until the girls recover so we had a lazy day today. It also happened to be kind of a disastrous day for Natalie. First, she fell on the stairs and bumped her head pretty hard on the iron railings we have. Then, later she fell outside and scraped her chin. She actually fell again and hurt her stomach but that one wasn't too bad. Combine all that with not being able to stop coughing during nap time and getting almost no sleep and it was a pretty rough day. It certainly didn't hurt her spirits, though. She was still as happy as ever for the most part.

Look at that angelic face
(can you see the goose-egg and the scrape?)

Speaking of the little one, I should give a potty-training update. We had a pretty tough week as far as accidents go but she finally stayed dry all day today. And, despite the accidents during the week, she has been staying dry at night and during her naps, too, which is really nice. We're doing our best to persevere...

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Lucy missed Natalie at church! Get better!

Jaime said...

I hope the kidds are feeling better. I hate it when they're sick. It's funny Natalie is doing so well at night and naps. that was the hardest for Joelle, we are barely sleeping through the night without taking her and still some accidents. As for me and contractions, I've been having some. I'm up right now at 2am can't sleep but not so much from contractions, although som of them are harder. I just can't sleep. My appointment is on Thur we'll see if anything new has happened. Last week nothing had changed. Jon actually checked me tonight and I was more dialated so that's good, if he was in the right spot he says. Nice he can practice on me, i think. :) WE'll let you know when it happens.

Lisa said...

Sorry we couldn't get together. I hope the girls are feeling better!!

Marin said...

I hope your girls are feeling better. Carden and I just got the colds today and have felt so horrible. (by far the worst colds ever!). Well it looks like you guys had a great Easter! Such beautiful girls!