Friday, April 2, 2010

Green eggs and other thoughts

We actually celebrated St. Patrick's Day for the first time in our family (aside from just wearing green) by eating green eggs. I had to take a picture to commemorate it.

I love how the picture turned out, too:
Despite appearances, they loved the green eggs.

I also must make it clear that I had virtually nothing to do with Natalie reading. This was made more clear to me as I was reading this:

Yay! We got our blog book and I love it.

Anyway, back to Natalie. I was reading through and remembered a few things that I had forgotten. Before she could even walk, Natalie would bring us books for us to read to her--she would army crawl to us while trying to keep a book in her hands. Granted, she didn't walk until 16 months but still. Also, I had forgotten that one of Natalie's favorite activities used to be telling Elizabeth letters to draw and watching her draw them. Seriously, these kids are amazing in their love for letters, reading, etc. I feel like I don't do enough to help them learn more since the desire has always been there. Natalie knew all of her letters before she was even 2 and that had nothing to do with me and everything to do with Elizabeth, Super Why, and the magnet letters on our fridge. It certainly helps that she has a competitive fire that makes her always want to keep up with Lizzie.

Here's a cute picture I had to post:
The girls are both such a help with Nathaniel. They have never complained (so far) when I ask them to go play with him if he's getting fussy. They love him to pieces and love to make him laugh. He is such a hair-puller, which kind of drives me crazy, but Elizabeth just laughs it off like in the picture. He, of course, loves them right back and it is a rare occasion that I can get him to laugh as much as they can. It is so cute.

I need to post a better "Nate update" (ha!) soon but for now I'll just say that he is already an active little boy! He grabs hair, faces, anything he can get his hands on. He is always moving and he's so much more active than the girls were. It's already nearly impossible to change him or get him dressed. He rolls and rolls and is starting to sit up pretty well. He's such a sweetheart and we all adore him.

3 comments:

Jenson Family said...

Ashley,
You are a terrific mother. I love your gift to capture moments. You will be among those that your children call "blessed."

Katy said...

what company did you use for blog to book?

Ashley A. said...

I used Shared Book through Cutest Blog on the block.