Monday, April 19, 2010

200

I looked as I was writing this and realized that this is my 200th post! In honor of this momentous occasion. . . . . . here is more of the usual. :)

No really, though. Two hundred is a lot and I'm proud of myself for sticking with this long enough to get there.

I just wanted to record some more events from our lives lately.

Joe and Natalie went out together the other night so it was just Lizzie, Nate and I at home. We had great fun. We need to be better about having more one-on-one (or one-on-two) time with the kids.

How lucky am I to get to spend the night with these two?

Elizabeth and I posed for a picture and this is what came of it:
I had no idea she was making that face.

It reminded me of pictures like this. . .
. . .and countless others.
Like father like daughter. :)

That night we were playing Set and as we were looking for matches she said, "I'm keeping a sharp eye!" She has been using all sorts of funny phrases lately. One day I was looking at some clothes online and she came up and asked, "Do you see any that interest you?" I don't know where she learns these.

The other day Joe was asking her to do something and she kind of sighed and said, "If you exist. . ." (instead of "if you insist").

Here's a shot of my thumb for any of you gruesome types who enjoy this sort of thing:

About 5 more days until the stitches can come out. It doesn't even hurt anymore, except for when Nathaniel occasionally uses his strong little fingers to grip my finger right on the cut.

And finally, we have some news. We decided recently that Joe is going to be doing an international study in Ghana for a month this summer. He'll be going alone around the end of May. It will be hard but I'm excited for Joe to get to have the opportunity. Thank goodness for Skype! We'll definitely be making use of that while he's gone.

5 comments:

Dione said...

Wow your poor thumb! That is crazy that Joe is going to Ghana, but he will love it I'm sure...then when he gets back you get to go somewhere exotic for a month right? ;) Thats funny that Elizabeth is picking up random phrases, "kids say the darnedest things."

Tiffany Kadani said...

I totally laughed out loud when I read about Joe and Elizabeth doing funny faces. So funny!

I heard you guys were leaving this summer. This is so sad. Sigh.

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow, Ghana! Good luck with that! I'm one of those gruesome types that enjoy pictures like that. :) I LOVE the funny things your kiddo is saying. It's one of my favorite parts about kids!

Regina said...

So glad to hear you are going to be at Grandpa Halls Birthday. We miss you guys. James said the other day that he is saving his money to go see Lizzy.

Laura Lee said...

Congratulations on your 200th post! I know I love seeing what's going on with you and your little troupe! Much love, LL